Frequently Asked Questions
1. KCSF requires all applicants to scan required supporting documents and submit them through Google Drive. What types of electronic files are acceptable?
We require that each applicant saves all of the required supporting documents (i.e. proof of registration, official transcripts, reference letters and resume) as a single PDF file using a proper digital scanner.
Only readable electronic files (in PDF) will be accepted.
2. Can I scan the required supporting documents as separate PDFs?
No – please scan all of the supporting documents (i.e. proof of registration, official transcripts, reference letters and resume) as a single PDF file. Only the essay and photo can be submitted as separate attachments.
3. Can I save my partially completed application form online so that I may re-open and complete at a later date prior to the deadline?
No. Unfortunately the software we are currently using does not provide the capability to save/store partially completed applications.
4. What documentation do you require for scholarship applications?
A listing of all required documentation (to be submitted in electronic format) can be found in the ‘How Do I Apply’ section of our website, as well as the checklist section (located at the end of the online application form) of every application.
5. How can I confirm or be notified that KCSF has received my application once I submit electronically?
Once you submit the online application form, you will see a notification confirming that we have successfully received your application. You will not receive a separate email. You will not receive a separate notification or email confirmation of the documents shared through Google Drive. However, if there are any questions, concerns or issues pertaining to your application, a member of our selection committee may contact you by email or phone.
6. What do you accept as proof of registration?
We prefer a letter from your school registrar confirming your enrollment, or confirmation from the school regarding payment of tuition fees.
7. My school does not provide the official transcripts in PDF form. Can I arrange my official transcripts to be emailed directed by the school to the KCSF?
We suggest that you order your official transcripts in paper form. You can then scan the paper form and save in a PDF format. We may ask for the original for verification purposes.
8. Do you require references letters to be in particular form?
There is no specific format. You may want to provide the referee with information on the evaluation criteria found on the KCSF website to assist the referee in preparing the reference letter.
9. For reference letters, the guidelines state that one from school is mandatory. Is this pertinent to only professors, or does it also include other school-affiliated organizations (e.g. clubs, non-profit organizations, etc.)
A reference letter from your school should be provided by one of your professors at the school.
10. Can a reference letter be sent directly by the referee to the KCSF?
It is strongly encouraged that all reference letters be submitted by the applicant, along with the other required documentation, through Google Drive. However, if the person providing your reference letter will only do so if the reference letter can be sent directly by him or her to the KCSF, then the referee may scan a signed copy of the reference letter (in PDF) and email to email@example.com.
Please ensure that in the subject line of the email, your full name (that matches the name on your application form) is stated, along with your student number if this is a reference letter from school. Otherwise, we may not be able to match the reference letter to your application which could disqualify your application if you do not otherwise meet the reference letter requirements.
11. For the essay question for the scholarship application, should I include all the suggested topics or only ones I feel strongly about?
The essay topic is open. We have only provided you with suggested topics for your guidance. These are suggestions only and you may choose to write about any of them, or write about another topic of your choice.
12. Can an applicant apply for both the bursary and the scholarship?
Yes, you may apply for both the bursary and the scholarship in the same year.
13. Can my resume and/or references letters be provided in Korean?
All documents should be in English. Alternatively, we will accept a certified translation supplied together with the Korean version.
14. I am enrolled part-time. Am I still eligible to apply for a scholarship?
No, only students enrolled full-time may apply.
15. My question is not covered by this FAQ section. Who should I contact?
All other inquiries relating to the 2017-2018 KCSF scholarship application should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.